It’s not uncommon for the plumbing systems in Mendham Township, Texas homes to develop a leak somewhere. A dripping pipe under your kitchen sink is easy to spot, but in many cases, a pipe can spring a leak in a hidden areas. Leaks inside your walls or ceilings can go undetected for quite a while, gradually causing water damage and raising your utility bills by wasting water. Even a small leak can waste thousands of gallons of water a year, as well as causing costly damage to walls, floors, and furniture.
This damage to structural elements can become a major problem for busy homeowners who aren’t aware that there’s a leak. Leaks can generally be detected manually by a professional, but to make sure you’re aware of leaks before they can do too much damage, you may want to consider having a leak detection system installed. These systems, available from companies like QMI, DynaQuip Controls, and Gems Sensors and Controls. To find out more about leak detection in Mendham Township, TX, give us a call today at sea-winds.ru.
Types of Leak Detection Systems
There are a couple of different types of commercially available automatic leak detection systems that are available for installation in your home or business.
- Passive leak detection systems are usually stand-alone devices, which rely on a long-lived battery for power. When it sensors detect moisture, it will sound an alarm. The alarm will allow the homeowner to locate the water leak, since it’s in the vicinity of the alarm. This makes it easier for plumbers to begin repairing the problem, since they already know where the leak is located.
- Individual appliance leak detection systems. These are a type of “active” leak detection system, designed to not only sound an alarm when a leak is detected, but to actively stop the water flow to prevent further damage. They’re designed for an individual appliance, such as a water heater.
- Whole house leak detection systems. These are also “active” leak detection systems, meaning the not only detect water flow, but act to stop it. These include multiple moisture sensors, which communicate via wiring or radio.
Water leak detection systems have the advantage of alerting you to the presence of a leak immediately. In many cases, homeowners will fail to notice until the damage has already been done. Some of the most common signs that you have a plumbing leak include:
- Higher water bills. Even a small leak can waste a surprisingly large amount of water.
- Discolored walls, ceilings, or carpets. Over time, the moisture from a leaking pipe will discolor walls, ceilings, and carpeting. You may also notice that your paint or wallpaper is peeling away. The moisture can also allow for fungi, like mold and mildew, to begin to grow.
- Lowered water pressure. If the leak is bad enough, it can affect the water pressure at one or more plumbing fixtures.
Plumbing leaks can potentially cause thousands of dollars worth of damage to your property, as well as driving up your bills by wasting water. A leak detection system can sound an alarm to alert you when a leak is detected, informing you about the problem early so that you can have it repaired before it can cause significant damage. To find out more about professional leak detection in Mendham Township, Texas, give us a call today at sea-winds.ru, at .
Find out more about our plumbing leak detection & repair services:
Plumbing leaks can remain hidden for weeks or months while they slowly damage your walls flooring and ceiling
Looking for a local leak detection and pipe leak repair service in Texas Call us today at
If you re noticing wet spots in certain areas of your home it s probably not a good sign chances
Is water leaking in your basement Whether it s a small exposed pipe dripping continually and pooling on the
Leaking faucets can lead to sleepless nights irritable mornings and everyday annoyance not to mention that you are
Leak repairs need to be done as quickly as possible in order not only to prevent a loss